Wednesday, February 4, 2009

inspiration bored.

in all my spare time this week, i've done surprisingly little. Although the week did include a rousing trip to the dentist who informed ryan and i that we need a little over two thousand dollars of dental work. oh, and that our insurance really doesn't want to pay for much of it. yay, auto repairs, healthcare costs, and taxes!

i took pictures of new designs today, as well as pictures of packaging. i've emailed a few design blogs to see if they would like to do a feature on my work or an interview on what inspires me, where i get my ideas from, how i started making jewelry, etc.

for you, dear readers (all two of you), i will post some inspiring pictures, in hopes of inspiring myself to...do whatever it is i'm supposed to be doing right now. which i'm pretty sure is making lunch.

an inspiration board. i need to make one of these with all those pictures ripped out of domino (r.i.p.), and all those paint swatches borrowed from restoration hardware.


this is a great idea, which i've seen a number of places now, which is to turn a vintage frame into a chalkboard. while the sound and mess of chalk on a chalkboard unnerves me, i could turn the huge vintage frame i already own into an inspiration board. you know, for behind my desk:

this desk, in white, is what i want more than anything right now. i feel like it's a practical purchase in this economy, and might inspire me to create new works of art in a workspace other than my coffee table.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea on the chalkboard! That is too cute! I might have to copy it, haha.

    ReplyDelete